Wednesday, March 4, 2015

return

Today every cell in my iron deficient body was bone-weary. Despite the various stimulants coursing through my blood, I could barely move. (Here's something I should consider: Stimulants are maybe the last thing I need coursing through my blood. I need more, yes, iron coursing through my blood. Iron and rock'n'roll.) I am not sure why I was so tired aside from the obvious anemia thing. Maybe it's just Hump Day. Maybe it's just not worth overanalyzing.

My fingers, however, feel noticeably better. And my mood is more stable. Work isn't an unbearable drag like it was for a solid two months. I have more time to relax, a little less stress over food and exercise, and more mental clarity. I sleep better, too. Overall, the "simple" act of eating more and running less has vastly improved the quality of my life in such a short period of time. I have a long ways to go and a lot of work to do, but these immediate effects have been encouraging to say the least.

My physician called me tonight to make sure I'm getting the help I need with my eating disorder. I have never, ever had a doctor do that before. I was dumbfounded and terribly grateful. I can't stress enough how nice it is to have other people care. Like, care care. Without the support of friends, family, acquaintances, and healthcare professionals (!) I would not be where I am today.

Such a serious post. All of my posts have been such serious posts. I am just a serious gal these days! But seriously, I need to get back to some jokes. I need to start writing more absurdist one-act plays! I am slowly thawing out and will return soon to that person who used to be alive and vibrant and full of white blood cells. I got this. And thank you.

No comments: