Tuesday, March 10, 2015

baggage

I've started drinking black cherry Fresca in the evening instead of my Bengal Spice herbal tea. Both beverages are bad for the absorption of iron. Well, I'll deal with it later. "It" being my anemia. And I am actually actively dealing with it. Infusions! Uhhh... Spinach salads! Oysters! I have yet to actually eat said oysters, but at least I made an effort and purchased them. I would so go to an oyster bar right now with a handsome gentleman or an alluring lady. Or both? Ménage à trois? Oui oui. Or maybe the handsome gentleman is a polygamist and the alluring lady is my sister wife. Ugh. No thanks! (But secretly thanks. Secretly I've found polygamy kinda appealing on more than one occasion. Secretly I want polygamist hair! Those braids! Those bangs!)

Yeah, anemia has been gettin' me down today. At least I know what's wrong with me? I think? Sometimes I feel like it's more than just "simple" anemia. I must have something else. I must be a treasure chest of troubles! A treasure chest of cancers and chronic ailments and crabs. Do I have crabs? I do not. YET. I won't rule it out.

But I push those fears aside on a daily basis. I don't know if I ignore those fears or if I realize they are irrational. I hope it's the latter. Realization versus ignorance is always preferred.

And I think I prefer tea. Who knew I'd ever prefer herbal tea over the classic diet lime and grapefruit citrus soft drink? Of course, if gin enters the picture, then... Then that's another story. And that story will never be told because my mom reads my blog (Hi MOM! JK!). I'm hungry.

Am I hungry? I don't know what hungry is right now. I think I'm hungry. I think I'm going to make dinner. I think I will wait. I think I don't know what to think. I think I should take a break and relax. How do you relax with a Fresca, though? Fresca just makes me want to party.

Let's throw a party together. We can fill a room with balloons and pins and we can invite all our online friends. We will cram ourselves into this windowless room and pop balloons until we pass out from fear. Then we can wake up from our distress and dress ourselves in pioneer attire and retire into a life of blissful polygamy.

Yeah. Let's do that.

No comments: