Saturday, February 6, 2016

q/a

Answering meaningless questions found on Tumblr is good. It's good because it distracts me from myself and we all know I need a little distraction from Meg's hyperactive mind. Although isn't answering questions diving into my own mind? These questions of mine about my mind are pointless. Less pointless questions, more meaningless questions. I'd rather have a point than a meaning (that's not true and it doesn't make sense, but let's not think about it too much).

Q. Have you ever slept in the same room with someone you liked?
A. Ohhhh!!! Here come the juicy/juvenile questions! If there's one thing I do not like, it is sleeping in the same room with someone I like. Or dislike, obviously. Or anyone. Maybe a cat would be okay, although I worry it would scratch my eyes out in my sleep. I don't know if it's just that I haven't found "the right person" yet or what, but I would much rather be alone while I'm dreaming than sharing space with another living creature. In fact, I've said multiple times that if I ever get married, I will make sure my spouse and I have separate bedrooms or, ideally, separate homes. I'm impossible!

Q. Do you get annoyed easily?
With myself? Yes. With others? Yes, sometimes. Mostly with myself, which is awful. Sometimes with others, which is also awful and makes me feel like a piece of trash immediately after becoming annoyed... Depending on what the person was doing, of course. But most of the time I get annoyed at super insignificant things. A lamp is turned on during the daytime. Coughing. Anything and everything to do with the grocery store at 5pm. My nail breaks, my teeth need to be brushed, my hands are sticky. Coughing. Orange cars. The coughing thing really makes me feel bad, to be honest. THE PERSON CAN'T HELP THAT THEY HAVE A MORTAL BODY. Sheesh. (Although, admit it, there are a few folks out there who cough like crazy and refuse to simply wander over to the drinking fountain and take a sip of damn water. Like, is this for attention?! Gimme a break!)

Q. Are you the type of person who likes to be out or at home?
A. OMG. Do you even know me? Of course you don't. You only know the online blog version of me. Well well well, I'm about to surprise the shit out of you -- I actually like to be out. Not at home. Let me explain. Okay, sure. I'm an introvert. And okay sure, I'd probably rather be at home 100% of the time than at a very loud party on a Friday night. But just at home 24/7 would drive me cuckoo. I get restless after approximately 20 minutes if I am inside. I need to literally be outside of the home. Outside of any home, building, area with four walls and a ceiling. Again, I am impossible. This is why I think a yurt or perhaps a tree house would be the perfect dwelling for my impossible soul. A warm place to sleep at night, but one which is still open to the natural world.

Goodness. It's 1:01 in the afternoon and I still haven't brushed my teeth. Questions can wait. Answers can wait. Dental hygiene can never wait (unless you've been absorbed in a compelling book all morning). Floss, STAT.

No comments: