Thursday, February 4, 2016

cell

It is 2:24 in the afternoon and I still feel like I am waking up. I don't know why I am so lethargic. Okay, I totally know why I am so lethargic: I was bitten by a vampire in the past and I am now anemic. The vampire part = not true unless you count the play I was in 15 years ago (!!!) that had to do with vampires. It had everything to do with vampires. It was about vampires before vampires became sparkling teenagers. I was a sparkling teenager back then, however, and I was in a play about vampires and I wore pleather pants and chunk heeled boots and had a crush on some guy who was probably 1,000% gay. I always fall for the gay ones.

Anyway. Anemia. I think it has gotten worse lately for whatever reason. I don't want to go on and on about my symptoms and complaints (although I apparently have no problem going on and on about sparkling teenage vampires), but I will say that it is probably the reason why I am so drained of energy. Does it also zap motivation? Because I have none of that either. Organize and clean room? Meh. Collect words and form them into a poem or five? Nah. Look into teaching in Japan or farming in Costa Rica? Maybe tomorrow. I'll just sit by my window, read books, chew on ice. (Anemics crave ice. This is very true. Look it up. I'm betting ice goes nice with medium-rare steak. The rarer the better. Give me blood with a side of ice.)

Apathy and anemia and alliteration and anime and "and." All I can do, folks. I can't even get myself to get up and get coffee with pals. ALTHOUGH in my defense I was totally ready to get coffee with two friends on two separate occasions over the past week and a half, but both friends forgot. :( The sad face emoticon is a bit too dramatic. I didn't care too much because, you know, leaving the house is difficult, but it still kinda sucks when you're forgotten.

I've forgotten what I was going to write about. No, I haven't. I don't think I began writing with anything in mind. I am considering starting a private journal where all of these wishy washy thoughts can rest peacefully and privately. If there's one thing I don't need to do it is to compulsively blog while never saying anything new. My blog will be reserved for, I don't know, movie reviews or something. Guess I need to start watching movies and watching them with a critical eye. Or not. Think I'll just grab the ice tray out of the freezer and open a book.

I hope my next post is less of a downer.

No comments: