Wednesday, April 29, 2015

rub-a-dub-dub

Oh, hello. I'm back! And I'm front. Front and back. Party in the front, business in the back. Reverse Mullet Meg. Okay, so I am still going to answer those 8 questions I found a month or so ago on some website. You know, those questions which lead me to discovering MY PASSION. What a claim! I am on number... 6?

6. Write.

Ideas flow more freely when we write without an agenda. New inspiration may appear unexpectedly and it becomes easier to connect the dots. Spend a few minutes of quality time each day with a pen and paper allowing yourself to process your thoughts without influence from the outside world.

Hey! I just purchased a journal on Sunday with a Barnes & Noble gift card I found in a used book at the library! (Was it wrong for me to take the gift card? Ethical dilemma. Then again, if I returned it, would it ever be claimed? I'll never know! I could have used the gift card to purchase some outstanding books to donate to the library/a children's hospital OR I could have used it to purchase a book on ethics. I just don't know what to do sometimes, ya know? And we all have selfish desires. And, to soothe the ego, maybe the Universe placed the misplaced gift card in my life so that I could purchase a journal and write and discover my passion. Sure, yeah, I'm gonna go with that.) I also purchased a poetry magazine. Yes, there are poetry magazines. Hey, if there can be multiple magazines dedicated to guns and ammo, there sure as hell better be at least one periodical dedicated to poetry. After listening to a podcast with the actress/POET/wife-of-David-Cross Amber Tamblyn discuss poetry, I was, like, "Damn, Meg. Why have you neglected poetry for years? It was the ONE thing, aside from math and getting into uncomfortable and perhaps inappropriate situations with various professors, you could do in college. Nurture! Cultivate! Produce!" So maybe the Universe is nudging me to get back into the reading of and writing poetry. The Universe should probably come up with a more creative way of doing this, however, than just throwing Barnes & Noble gift cards in my face. Not that I'm complaining. Well, I guess I was complaining. I should complain in a quatrain.

So I am going to start writing again. Watch out! Watch out for my book of poems! Watch out for my book of poems, poems which are all about my exes and sex! Kidding on both accounts. My poetry is usually about finding Jesus in grilled cheese sandwiches and sticking needles in my eye. Speaking of eye, "eye" am hungry. Uh... I am hungry. I am going to, yes, toast my muffin. I will continue to make that "joke" for as long as I can remember to make it. I hope I see Jesus or at the very least Mary in my muffin. If I find a Barnes & Noble gift card in my English muffin, then I will know that my path in life is to be a baker. Hey, better to be a baker than a candlestick maker. Who wants hot wax all over their muffin when they can have butter? WINK WINK.

Go get 'em.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Share with us the poems!