Saturday, February 28, 2015

digest

Man. So manic today. Man/Woman/Child/Lover/Child Lover. Wait, no. Not Child Lover. I take that back. I take that way back. But speaking of child lovers, I almost started reading Lolita today. I didn't, though. I impulsively began reading Tess of d'Urbervilles instead for some very unknown reason. It is fine so far. It ain't no East of Eden. (I finished that glorious novel today, by the way. Favorite! Favorite! Favorite!)

But yes. Manic. Manic in maybe an okay way? It is all due to me eating food. Suddenly my brain is working a billion miles a minute, which doesn't make sense. Nothing makes sense! Except for now it all makes sense. And I don't know what in the world I should do with this newfound energy. Is "newfound" not a word? Newfoundland is a place, though. Ask me to locate Newfoundland on a map and I will slap you.

I don't know if I want to discuss food right now, though. I am beginning to freak out a bit about how much I ate and how little I exercised. It is a complete 180 for me, peeps. Like, a day ago I practically had an aneurysm after eating a banana. I made myself "make up" for the banana by running 12 miles. Maybe I am not so manic right now. Maybe that banana meltdown was the actual manic episode. Maybe I'm sorta just... Leveling out. Resting in normalcy. Giving up in the best ways possible. Giving myself a chance, dammit!

But again, I don't know if I can keep discussing food tonight. I need a distraction or two or seven. Looks like I'm gonna clean the whole house! Looks like I'm gonna watch an entire season of The Wire! Looks like I'm gonna read East of Eden backwards and in Russian! Looks like I'm gonna dance around the living room with no pants while listening to smooooooth jazz. Looks like a fine night.

And hey. Thanks for your support and the good vibes you've sent through the Internet. It has meant more to me than all the bananas in the world. You are all keepers.

No comments: