Tuesday, February 17, 2015

attempt

Would you be upset if I became Bummer Fest Meg again for just a single paragraph? I'll end this post with a really good joke, I swear. Okay, I only have one paragraph. I better make it a long one! To start off, it is difficult to type. My fingers are painfully numb. Why are they numb? You tell me, doc. Well, the doc did tell me, sorta, today when they called back with the test results. Apparently I have an extremely low white blood cell count. Like, come out come out wherever you are, iron. I have to go in as soon as possible to have more blood tests to see if I need to see a hematologist, so... That's not alarming. Psych. It's scary and it put me in a weird funk for the rest of the day. I am simply just worried. As is the case with most people, I don't care too much for the unknown, especially when that unknown has a good chance of turning out to be something not-so-great. At least I am taking steps to fix the problem, whatever that problem may be. And maybe this will all teach me the tough lesson of how to give up control. Because the least surprising surprise of all is that we are never, not once, in total control. Best to learn this before it destroys us.

Okay. I had my paragraph. Thank you. And now for better news! Uhhhh... I have better news, I promise! My mind is just a little fixated on something at the moment! But let me attempt to ditch the fixation for at least a few minutes and quickly list some wonderful things that have happened recently. Ready set gooooooo

*My favorite 5th grader sent me an email yesterday. Awwwww!!! It was adorable and I love her so much. I want to be forever pen pals with her. Hell, I'd adopt her if the chance ever presented itself. Imagine! Me with an 11-year-old child!

*Maybe I already mentioned this, but I am reading Thomas Merton's autobiography (The Seven Storey Mountain). He was a Trappist monk and mystic and just an all-around cool dude. He has almost converted me to Catholicism. ALMOST. But then again, a month or so ago I read a book about Judaism and suddenly I wanted to be Jewish. Oh, and there was the time back in January when I read the Bhagavad Gita and was convinced Hinduism was the path for me. In other words, I am way too influenced by whatever I am reading at the moment. And at the moment I am considering becoming a nun.

*Nuns! Laura and I are working on a semi-secret nun-related writing project. That's all I'm going to tell you, but just you wait! I've loved being able to communicate with regularly and work creatively with my sweet Laura Beth, despite the sad fact that we are 500 miles apart from one another. I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more for you, LB.

Alright, three things are good. I am tired and smell bad from the gym. Time to drink tea and shower, probably not at the same time. I could try, though. Multitask. Oh, and my fingers are less numb and I am more optimistic. And here's the joke I promised. Get ready to literally and emotionally and metaphorically and scientifically laugh your butt off.

Need an ark to save two of every animal? I Noah guy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll lend you my wishes! Be happy happy happy!