Thursday, December 24, 2015

break

My eyes are not focusing today. I guess that's what I get for being too rebellious for my own good. Staying up until midnight watching television and browsing Tumblr! With my contacts still in! My eyes don't need oxygen! Except for that they do. They really, really do. And maybe my eyes also need a break from reading, although that would break my heart.

In what ways do I break my own heart? I break my own heart by shutting myself off. I isolate myself from others. I refuse new experiences, stay home, play it safe. Not all the time. It hasn't always been like this, although my temperament tends to veer more towards the scaredy cat side. Scared of what exactly? Why do I seek isolation and deny myself the unknown?

Probably because it's unknown.

But isn't most, if not all, of life unknown? I guess the only known is that there is no known. Okay, so that's probably not true. There are a lot of knowns in mathematics and science and whatever. I'm getting off track. HEY! That's good! Get off track more, Meg.

I'll get off track right now by not writing anymore about breaking my own heart. That might be a topic I will save for my future therapist.

BUT HEY GUYS!!! AND GIRLS!!! AND CREATURES OF THE WORLD!!! IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE!!! To me it's just Wednesday (is it Wednesday?), but it'll be a good Wednesday. I'm determined to make it so.

No comments: