Tuesday, May 31, 2016

grey

Writing these posts has become a ritual, a routine. I don't feel right if I don't write in the morning. Then again, I often don't feel "right." I have gotten so used to feeling wrong that feeling right feels wrong. I am kind of being ha-ha right now, but as with everything I say that's ha-ha, there's a li'l bit of truth-truth in there as well... Or else it wouldn't be ha-ha. Am I right? Or am I wrong? Or am I comfortable combination of the two? Yes, yes, and yes.

I am wrong about the following:

*I thought my sister took our Seinfeld DVDs back to her house. She did not.
*I said the Seinfeld DVDs are ours, but I am wrong. I think. I think they are my ex's???
*For years I thought this man's last name was "Butterball," but it's "Butterbaugh." I still call him Butterball, though, for obvious reasons.
*A lot of people I gave chances to in the past. I was wrong about them or maybe I was wrong about myself or it could've been that I was in the, yes, wrong place at the wrong time (and with the wrong hairstyle).
*I thought I would hate the book Eat, Pray, Love. Wrong.

I am right about the following:

*Emotions are clouds.
*Clouds are not emotions, but they do bring strong storms.
*Avocados will always be nearly, if not completely, magical.

So those are the only "right" things I could think of? For now, yes. I am moving slowly this morning and it frustrates me because I never learn that slow is not always wrong. Using double negatives? Also wrong. Instead of looking for all the rights and wrongs in the world and in me today, maybe I can learn to shrug my shoulders and live within the grey areas. Grey goes well with my hair color anyway.

Here's to being neither right or wrong. Here's to just being.

No comments: