Tuesday, July 26, 2016

part

Yesterday I was a walking zombie (zombies are always walking, yeah?) and today I am a walking werewolf. Well, maybe not a werewolf. I'm not hairy enough and I'm too timid to howl at any moon, let alone a full one. What I'm trying to say is that I have far more energy today than I did yesterday. And motivation. Maybe a little too much. That's me! Never satisfied!

I am parting my hair in the middle. This happened by accident. I will just roll with it and see how it goes. I have a feeling I'll end up horrified that I ever allowed myself to temporarily part my hair in the middle.

Next week I will be back in the saddle/at the dude ranch in Wyoming. I am, not surprisingly, anxious about it only because everything makes me anxious. But for the most part I am looking forward to it. I look at it as almost a second chance. The first time around I kinda made myself miserable in a lot of little (and not so little) ways. This time I mostly know what to expect, so I can go in there with more confidence. I will be more open and, yes, social. I will be a more honest worker by not sneaking off to the cabin during the middle of the day to read for an hour. I will take more hikes and notice more things. I will eat more -- and, you know, just eat in general. I kinda didn't do the whole eating thing last time. I know I know I know. This time around I will eat a burger and a donut, among many other things, but I specifically want a burger and a donut.

Did everyone have a good Pioneer Day? I don't really care. I guess I just felt like I had to ask. Being polite, trying to not always talk about me despite this being a personal blog and not necessarily a dialogue.

Dialogue. That's what I love maybe the most in books. And characters. Plot? Doesn't matter. In fact, to hell with plot! Just give me good characters who say good (and nasty and shocking and soothing) things and I'll be happy.

Well, time to start my mid-afternoon meltdown. A physical meltdown, not an emotional meltdown. For once. In other words, I am venturing outside. It's me vs. the sun.

No comments: