Saturday, August 3, 2013

salt

I am eerily excellent at pushing people away -- or at least keeping them at a comfortable distance.

Did I already write this post? Are all of my words mere ingredients for one large soupy mess? The problem with soup is that sometimes you just want something to bite.

I keep forming various lives and people out of clay. I don't even know how to make playdough. What are the ingredients? Salt? Food coloring? And at least three more things. But what?

Why was she only known as "wife of Lot"? Her story deserves a name. She is called "Ado" and "Edith" in some Jewish traditions, but she remains nameless in the Bible. But she, whomever she is, is beautiful.

"Do not look behind you, nor stop anywhere in the Plain; flee to the hills, lest you be swept away."

She who shall not be named just wanted a safe haven. How human is that? Show your vulnerability, be concerned, want more, and be transformed, or rather, be irrevocably changed.

Maybe it was the sight of God. Maybe we don't know the whole story. Maybe we all have hidden, open wounds.

They say you can easily float on the Dead Sea, which is welcomed news because I usually sink.

No comments: