Sunday, March 29, 2009

on the road to the krishna temple

Is it just me, or does it seem like it is the "cool thing" to be totally indifferent or against the Festival of Colors? I mean, I understand that it is way too crowded and that there are so many lame BYU T-shirts occupied by so many lame BYU students at this festival, but...

And then there's Jack Kerouac. Lately he has been a bit picked on. I also think this is another case of the "it's-cool-to-not-like" syndrome. Come on, people. Lighten up. Just a little. Of course, if you genuinely do not like these things, go right on ahead and not like them. But to not like them just to be cynical is so... 1995? (I am not sure what I mean by that, but just go with it. That's what she said. That was probably my weakest "that's what she said" thus far.)

4 comments:

Chris Almond said...

how does one separate those who sincerely aren't into something from those who are pretending?

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

in my own defense, i've always been a hater, and will always be. it's what i do best.

meg said...

Chris, it's women's intuition. Jay Kay. I don't know. Let me think about it. I am actually asleep right now. typing this in my zzzzz.
and Errin-- I love you just the way you are! I would be disappointed if you weren't a hater.

david. said...

meg!
i feel the same way. and i get confused what is considered cool anymore. is it because i'm old now? and everything is ironically cool and i don't get irony? and is it ironic to not be ironic?
it's just so damn confusing!