Wednesday, May 6, 2015

morning (5/6/15)

On my walk this morning I was reminded of the following:

*How I used to write fiction.
I wrote a short story a few months ago, pretty much out of nowhere, and I was damn proud of it at the time. Laura has read it -- I'm not sure anyone else would be interested in it. It's wacky and could possibly get me checked into some kind of institution. Anyway, it was incredibly fun to write and I wonder wonder wonder why I don't write fiction more often. What is stopping me?

*How much I get grossed out by public displays of affection.

*How frustrating it is when people practically push me off the sidewalk while I'm walking. I am a ghost to everyone in Utah County!

*How funny it is that I get so frustrated at impolite people who practically push me off the sidewalk while I'm walking around like a ghost in Utah County.

*How much I miss painting.
Sure, I regrettably stopped taking art classes after a junior high teacher gave me a bad grade on a shading assignment, but I can still enjoy the act of painting being the NOVICE that I am. I enjoy painting, but I actually don't do much of it anymore. What is stopping me? Blessed be the day when I can create absurdist fiction and paint abstract whatever without any road blocks. But if there are blocks, let me write all over them and spray paint the sides neon green.

No comments: