Monday, August 8, 2016

peach

There are a lot of thoughts floating around in my head right now, thanks to the energy received from actually ingesting food, and I am trying to figure out a way to connect them all and place them on the page. And by "place them on the page" I mean type them up on my keyboard. I did, however, place many words on the page while I was in Wyoming. In a simple red college-ruled notebook that cost $0.19 at the grocery store, I took a pen in my hand and wrote out my thoughts for the first time in what felt like forever. And it felt nice, like a deep sigh or the moment when you take your hair out of that stupidly high and tight ponytail. Seriously, why don't we all just shave our heads and wear wigs on occasion? Logically it makes the most sense.

So anyway. Thoughts. I don't think I want to put in the mental energy attempting to connect them, so let me instead just dump them out right here, right now (watching the world wake up from history):

I want to go to Cuba. I want to go to Alaska. I pretty much want to go anywhere, even the sticky, shitty parts of Mississippi. Basically, I just want to travel and somehow do it for free.

I have a lot of meal ideas planned and I wish I could cook and eat them all right now without exploding and having diarrhea for a million years.

Turns out I love pecans. I bet I love a lot of other foods and flavors I never allowed myself to experience. I want to experience it all now. And yes, I want to experience it all right here, right now (there is no other place I wanna be).

I need to be nicer. I want to be nicer, sure, but I also need to be nicer. I say this often. I should start walking the walk, ya know?

Speaking of walks, it's probably smart of me to start taking walks again without a phone glued to my hand or my nose glued to a book. Leave the glue at home. Step outside and watch the sky (and occasionally the ground so you don't, you know, trip or step in some shit).

I promise there are 18,769 (69!!! nice.) more thoughts in this physically large head of mine, but I have the attention span of a flea and must flee to another activity. You see? You see.

No comments: