Thursday, August 27, 2009

get ready for a shitload of copied and pasted quotes

Lately I have been surrounded by negativity towards other people. Whether it is me feeling this negativity or people close to me having these feelings, it is there. And it shouldn't be. Ill feelings breed nothing but destruction to the soul. I need help with being a more compassionate person. The funny/ridiculous thing is that I will get frustrated when other people feel frustrated-- but aren't I just doing the exact same thing I am frustrated with? Does that make sense? No, it doesn't really. So, without further ado, I bring you some Dalai Lama quotes that have a way of instantly humbling me. Enjoy and Namaste.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them."

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

"In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher."

"Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent."

"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."

"Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion."

No comments: