Saturday, July 11, 2015

sitting

I am still in the depths of the past, which is just a fancy way to say I am still cleaning the shit out of the basement. Okay, I only clean it about 20 or 30 minutes a day because that's about the maximum amount of time I can spend wandering around in Nostalgia Land. I am not even that nostalgic looking through these boxes from eight or so years ago. Nostalgic isn't the right word. I am more... Heavyhearted? A little ashamed? Embarrassed? (I am usually embarrassed about most things relating to me, truth be told.) Heavyhearted is a good word. That's what I feel above all else. The people I left, the people who left me, the person I was, the person I never became. All compacted into a forgotten shoebox in the corner of a dark basement. Needless the say, I have placed most of these relics into the recycling bin. May they be reincarnated into something beautiful, like an empty shoebox. (My goodness, if you want your brain to feel slightly weird right now, look at the word "shoebox." Or just the word "Shoe." Or look at a photo of Elisabeth Shue circa Adventures in Babysitting and try to tell me you aren't super attracted to her, especially when she sings the babysitter blues.)

Three images I love today, right now:

No comments: