Friday, July 19, 2013

web

I rearranged the furniture in my room and now I have no idea who I am.

My desk faces the opposite way, at an angle; my mattress is still on the floor, but this time it is pressed against the wall with the window to my right (depending on how I sleep and what I consider my "right").

I vacuumed. It's spotless.

Now I have no idea who I am.

The light coming through the blinds is flickering on my wall. I would have never noticed this if I hadn't rearranged.

It's flickering as if it's a fly caught in a spider's web. The other day my leg caught what was left of a web. I was on a walk to clear my head and all that resulted was further entanglement.

I don't know who I am anymore (ever since the shift).

He became visibly uneasy when I asked him to say "the most real thing." He changed the subject, he grabbed my face.

How can an entire night be full of jokes and ghosts? How can an entire lifetime be full of nothing but furniture?

I rearrange to get lost, I turn around to look at what I've missed.

I don't know.

No comments: