Saturday, June 29, 2013

spanning

Ahhhh... Light bulb. I believe I feel safe in my gloom. There is familiarity with my depression; curling up with my neuroses feels like going home. Time to find a new home, Meg! The walls are caving in and the roof is so low that I can no longer stand up straight. I am searching for shelter with a reliable structure and a non-existent ceiling (I like looking at the stars) (and if it rains I can wash my face). How I go about finding said house is the tricky part... Is there a section on craigslist for those seeking psychological sanctuary?

Today I will try spanakopita for the first time.

Today I will escape the heat by spying on interesting folk at the library. I will observe their movements and watch what they do with their eyes and write love letters to them that will never be sent, but instead tucked away in foreign language books about hidden treasure. There must be a book in Greek about pirates, right? Or at least about spanakopita.

Today I will give away.

Today I will search the shelves for a home.

"Sometimes I need only to stand wherever I am to be blessed." ― Mary Oliver

No comments: