Sunday, September 11, 2016

a-moose-ing

Well well well, guess what the cat dragged in? Or rather, who the cat dragged in. Answer: Me. The cat dragged me in. And who is this cat? This cat is also me. I dragged myself in. In from where? I am not sure. Why are you asking so many questions? I don't know, maybe because I don't quite comprehend what you are trying to say. What I'm trying to say is that I have been gone from this blog for awhile and now I am back. That's all. That's all I was trying to say, that's all I'm ever trying to say. I try, I fail.

Hi! I'm back! Where did I go? (I promise to stop asking myself questions, maybe. I maybe promise. I can't promise.) I was back in Jackson for another week, but this time to vacay, not to daub the shit out of an old cabin for 16+ hours. I'll probably save all of my thoughts and feelings about the trip for my dear diary, a diary which I do not keep but should. I should keep and do and say a lot of things that I don't. Don't we all? Yes.

To sum up the week, it was good. There were rough patches, which is to be expected on any vacation, but overall it was seven days of purrrrfect weather, satisfying hikes, one hundred thousand moose, wandering conversations about philosophy and aliens and wormholes and ghosts. It was also a week of challenging and rewarding meals. The meals actually meant a lot to me, more than I'm willing to admit to some people (but I am totally willing to admit it to THE WORLD! Here on the WORLD WIDE WEB!!!). I ate a burger. A big one. One that came with a knife stabbed into the center. I ate a sandwich. A very big one. One that came with one hundred thousand pounds of turkey and avocado and a day of diarrhea. But it was so worth it. I almost had a bagel and was way pumped up about it, but plans fell through. That's okay, though. Plans fall, bagels bail, I survive. And I want to keep surviving. And thriving. And this means I gotta keep on eating meals like I did on my unintentionally moose-themed trip to the Big Tits. You know what, this is mission I can accomplish -- especially if it comes with extra guacamole.

I have been back for less than 24 hours and I am still adjusting. The transition from vacation mode to regular everyday same old same old mode is always a bit rough. So to help ease these transition, I am going to go outside and search for some moose. Orem has free roaming moose, right? I guess I'll find out.

No comments: