Happy Birthday, Dr Seuss, born 2 March 1904, died 24 September 1991
Seven Dr Seuss Quotes On Writing
- Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age. Humor has a tremendous place in this sordid world. It’s more than just a matter of laughing. If you can see things out of whack, then you can see how things can be in whack.
- You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room.
- I start drawing, and eventually the characters involve themselves in a situation. Then in the end, I go back and try to cut out most of the preachments.
- Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
- Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life’s realities.
- Words and pictures are yin and yang. Married, they produce a progeny more interesting than either parent.
- You make ‘em, I amuse ‘em.