Thursday, January 22, 2009

killing the buddha


I think I want/need to start focusing on Buddhism again. Although I don't necessarily believe in organized religions and can see many faults in them, I think that for my own sanity, following something like Buddhism will allow me to grab onto something that is for the most part very positive. I need things to grab onto in order to make it through each day, and lately I have been grabbing onto all the wrong things. These certain things are destroying me physically, mentally, and spiritually. And anytime I read Buddhist material, it makes sense to me and I am uplifted. And meditation and mindfulness have been somewhat life changing for me. I don't know if I would necessarily classify myself as a Buddhist, however-- I am not sure I am "dedicated enough". But I definitely follow the Buddhist path more than any other religious path. Aside from the Freemasonry path.

No comments: