Friday, June 26, 2009

i use an old joke in here...see if you can spot it! the first person who spots it gets a tax break and/or a kitten wearing a bandana eating a banana.

Okay, maybe that post was too short. But the picture was good.

Today I went to the Arts Festival with my dad. It was fun to see/hear him talk to every photographer there. And he actually knew quite a few of them. I hope I get to a point in my life when I can casually shoot the shit with other people in my profession. I also hope my profession isn't something having to do with motorcycles or taxes. I hope my profession is that of a writer. I may write about motorcycles and taxes at some point, though, so in a roundabout way my profession MAY end up having to do with motorcycles and taxes. I will title my first book (which will be an unofficial autobiography of myself) You Can't Get Into Heaven with a Motorcycle: A Look Back at How Meghan 'Biker Babe' Wiemer Avoided Paying Taxes for Most of the '90s: The Nineties: A Decade or a State of Mind?: The Mind: More Than an Empty Bucket: The Bucket List: A Stupid Movie: Movies: Are They Really Better Than Books?: Yes.

Today my dad bought three Alan Watts books. I am proud of him. I bought an old hardback copy of The Catcher in the Rye. I am proud of myself. Pride: A SIN.

"Think of it - unchastity is second only to murder. Perhaps there is a common element in those two things - chastity and murder." -Elder Bruce C. Hafen, 'The Gospel and Romantic Love,' Tambuli, June 1983, page 23

WHAAAAAA?!?!

Anyway, here is a picture of the first motorcycle, which was built, ridden, and then destroyed all in one day, which was surprisingly 100 years ago this very night.

Not impressed?

You should be.

No comments: