Monday, September 16, 2013

try

I can't push myself to write, but at the same time that is exactly what I need: a push. I need something or someone to propel me into some kind of action. I have been static for about three years now. I do whatever I can to get through a day, just to fall exhausted into an interrupted sleep. I imagine readers rolling their eyes and telling me to "get over it" or to "just be happy." I desperately wish it were that simple. I try.

Maybe I don't need something or someone. Maybe I need to return to myself. Maybe I need to give myself a chance.

Still. I need a different kind of stillness.

The eye and the horizon are both circles. It's an eternal process just to be seen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes. i think i've felt this way before, too.

meg said...

It's nice to know I'm not alone.