Sunday, September 1, 2013

cañon

A grand canyon was recently discovered under the ice in Greenland. It is estimated to be 4 million years old. Can you even visualize a million? It is a tedious task. Times that task by four and you've got a canyon before you.

Is there enough time to tell you that I no longer have time for you? I'll inevitably drag it out and continue to let you hug me, so desperately, while you refuse to look me in the eye. I know we combine simply to erode. We cut away less resistant materials, such as talking and touching.

You seep into the cracks I don't know that I have. I freeze. We push apart. We break off.

What will you form underwater? What will form at the mouth of your river?

The width of your finger is 2.2225 cm. A million of your fingers lined up would cover a distance of approximately 22 km. If I walked at a speed of 4 km/h, it would take me approximately five and a half hours to reach the end of your fingers. The finger is an organ of manipulation. I will walk until I collapse.

There were inhabitants within these canyons. They are forgotten, they are extinct. Their bones lie before us.

No comments: