Sunday, January 20, 2013

ahhhhhh!!! and lemons.

I would probably pay someone upwards of 50 bucks to have a transcript of the things Jacob (my 8-year-old student) and I say to each other when we are having our one-on-one conversations. The transcripts would probably look a little something like this...

Jacob: AHHHHHHHHH!!!

Ms. Meghan: I can't understand you, Jacob. Can you tell me what's wrong using words?

Jacob: AHHHHHHHHH!!!

Ms. Meghan: It's okay to be frustrated, Jacob. What's important is how we handle our frustration.

Jacob: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Ms. Meghan: You see, when you get older, you begin to realize that these little things don't matter as much. Sometimes people steal your marbles or your Matchbox cars and you just kinda gotta roll with the punches, kiddo.

Jacob: AHHHHHH!!! BAAAAHHHH!!! NOOOOOOO!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Ms. Meghan: Appropriate response. I feel like freaking out a lot of the time, too.

silence

Ms. Meghan: Are you feeling better, Jacob? Want to get a snack?

Jacob: There's this really spooky story about this ghost and this zombie and this cat and this spaceship.

Ms. Meghan: Oh yeah? Please stop picking your nose.

Jacob: (hisses) AHHHHHHHHH!!!

Ms. Meghan: (sighs) (checks Instagram on phone) Life is full of lemons, li'l guy.

I am the worst/best teacher.

No comments: