Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Could Terry be the next Dalai Lama? Or the next Dalai Wizard?

I was so nervous about my Buddhism midterm today. To be honest, I only started studying for it last night (and the studying wasn't very much), so I had every reason to be nervous. I thought to myself, "If you don't do well on this, you can never return to Buddhism because Buddhism doesn't want a failure." I know. Nutso. But (surprisingly) I did well on the final. It might have just been luck, though. I got "easy" questions, such as "What is karma?" and something about artificial insemination. I could tell you what the "answers" are, but I am really anxious to start reading...

...Terry Pratchett. I am 24 pages into The Color of Magic and, uh, I'm actually really enjoying it. Who would have guessed I would like a cheesy humorous fantasy novel? Not that I need to justify it, but I will just say that it is a total escape and, well, despite my Buddhist inclination towards seeing reality, escapism is refreshing sometimes. Besides, even fantasy is reality in Buddhism. Or at least according to my questionable scribbled class notes.

Baking banana bread right now and it feels so good.

Oh, and smells good, too. And will hopefully taste num num as well.

I'll save a slice or two for you.

No comments: