Thursday, December 30, 2010

brought to you by 40 ounces of coffee

Hey, blog. It's been almost a month since I've typed out my neuroses on you (in you? for you?). But now that I've had an incredibly unhealthy amount of coffee, I will tell you everything that is currently on my mind.

1. You hipster boys with your fantasies over Asian hipster girls. Come on now, okay?

2. I can't believe the amount of authors, poets, philosophers, and so forth that I failed to discover while I was an undergraduate (an undergraduate for EIGHT years, mind you). Rilke, Nietzsche, Wittgenstein, Lorca, Munro, Chandler,... God. Deprived. At least I went through my Eastern philosophy phase (and still goin' strong!).

3. There's nothing like running into Professor Goshert while shoppin' for tubs of cottage cheese.

4. Pema Chödrön is amazing and should be read by all. You can tell she is a student of Chögyam Trungpa because of her, for a lack of a better word, "quirky" observations and ways of explaining certain concepts. Blah blah blah.

5. It's so refreshing to realize that the icky, bad, shameful, embarrassing, smelly, dark parts of me are okay. They are acceptable. They are teachers and they are the path. No more hiding from myself!

6. Go screw yourself, New Year's Eve. I mean that half jokingly. If thou art friends with me on the ever consuming Facebook, you will already know that I am stressed out about tomorrow (New Year's Eve). The parties, the socializing, the chance of awkward and uncomfortable run-ins... Maybe I should just pretend all day tomorrow that I am Pema Chödrön and see where that takes me. It sure would stop me from challenging everyone to just one more shot of Sailor Jerry's. Possessive? Apostrophe S? I feel sick. Thanks, coffee.

7. So people want me to write a novel? Gosh(ert). That is quite the undertaking. Not ready! Not ready! I won't ever be ready! But I will start tonight anyway.

8. I love you and I always will.

3 comments:

Meg said...

In the great term reused, I pho king adore you. Also, I am writing down some of those names you mentioned, also, I would buy your novel, and read it. Also-- <3

meg said...

I pho king love you, dear Meg. I want to go hiking with you. Right now. Put on your shoes.

Fish Nat!on said...

I despise new year's eve. I hate feeling like I have to do something extraordinary. And when I am inevitably doing nothing extraordinary, feeling extraordinarily lame.