Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Santas

"Never build your emotional life on the weaknesses of others." -George Santayana

At first I thought George Santayana was Carlos Santana, but then I realized George was a Spanish philosopher, not a Mexican rock guitarist. And then I thought of Santa, which made me think of Christmas presents, which made me realize I need to stop buying Giants World Series merchandise for myself so that I can buy holiday (PC) presents for one and all. I meant "PC" as in "politically correct," not "personal computer" or "Pacific coast," by the way. Anyway...

Yeah, so never build your emotional life on the weaknesses of others. Damn, Santayana, nice one. No sarcasm. It really is a great statement. I wish I could have heard this about, oh, a year and a half ago. Perhaps it would have saved me (and of course others) a lot of roller coaster rides. Sure, roller coasters are fun sometimes, but after awhile you just wanna ride around in the teacups. Know what I'm preachin', brother?

God. Never down an entire Rockstar. You will end up writing entries like this.

But really-- excellent advice from my dearly departed friend George.

2 comments:

Meg said...

I think you should write MORE posts like this. Writing is amazingly soothing. Especially sarcasm.

meg said...

Okay, I will write more posts like this! Like, right now! Thanks for the encouragement.