Sunday, April 4, 2010

high on life, low on morals

Do you ever get really "high on life" and idealistic for a couple of days and then suddenly become hollow and apathetic? This has been happening to me more lately. To be honest, I need something to care about again. I need a cause. Is there something wrong with this? I tend to see other people who get fanatical and radical about political, religious, social, etc. issues and think that they aren't necessarily being "honest with themselves"; that they are taking up their cause(s) in order to mask some unresolved issue within their lives. But I don't know. I think if I start having a hobby or a strong belief in something, it might keep me out of this gloomy gus gloom I've been dwelling in lately.

Or perhaps it just needs to be damn spring already.